HSCHS Collective Commitments
At Hot Springs County High School, our collective commitments serve as a means of establishing a culture of learning based on a shared purpose, reflective of our values as educators and professionals. These collective commitments will guide our daily work and decision making as well as provide informal personal reflection.
- We will commit to fostering the academic, social, and emotional growth of ALL HSCHS students.
- We will hold ALL students to high academic and behavioral standards regardless of background, label, or past experience.
- We will be professional as a staff and provide positive modeling of kindness, integrity, and respect for our students and others to follow.
- We will maintain a supportive collaborative atmosphere, with all adults open and ready to learn from others as professionals and as colleagues.
- ALL students will experience an engaging, supportive, and rigorous learning environment as preparation for life beyond high school, including career-technical, college, and military readiness.
- ALL HSCHS staff will commit to life-long learning by being active participants in professional development and peer collaboration, implementing new strategies, and best practices for each student’s success.
- Mutual accountability is key to our success. At HSCHS we will continue to develop a culture of shared leadership and decision making that is student-centered.
- At HSCHS, we will create a sense of belonging by welcoming, celebrating, and respecting individual differences within our school community.